Orange Valerian VR & Gaming App
To celebrate their partnership with EuropaCorp on the new blockbuster Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, we were commissioned by Orange to think of a dedicated App for all the 8 European countries where Orange is operating.
The App had to entertain the public and at the same time showcase in an unique way some exclusive contents.
Therefore, we decided to build « The Intruder Experience », a 2 part-WebApp with :
- A movie-related Game : the user takes command of the Intruder and has to fly through a field of asteroids as far as possible to access a random draw and try to win exclusive gifts and trips for the movie premieres in LA, Paris or Madrid
- An exclusive VR Videos Browser : A 360° environnement to watch the trailers and exclusive contents on a huge immersive screen inside the Intruder (the famous spaceship of the movie)
To support the Operation, Orange has printed and distributed 100 000 Popcorn Boxes with a QR Code to access the app and a pair of 360°-goggles to enjoy the VR part.
Orange also advertised the operation on every social networks of the brand (Internationally and nationally).
- Web App released in 8 countries
- 100 000 Popcorn boxes and VR Glasses gifted during events
- More than 180.000 visits in 2 months
- More than 40.000 Participants in the Game Drawings
Team Credits :
PROJECT MANAGER : Etienne LANAUD
SOUND DESIGNER : Nicolas ZUBER
3D ARTISTS : Nicolas RUFFAUT, Geoffrey VITALE et Florent LABAS
FX ARTIST : Hugo LEFEBVRE